Thursday, November 01, 2007

God's blog

I often sit wondering about my life and what I shall do with it and, more to the point, what God would like me to do with it. I sometimes think it would be helpful if God had a blog, or if I could type into google and ask what I should do... Unfortunately God seems to have this irritating habit of not being terribly prescriptive when I want him to be. Sometimes I even find him rather vague. I had an interesting picture of God once, wearing his Regatta waterproof coat and a pair of sturdy walking boots flashing an OS map in my face along with a cheeky wink and a smile and pulling me over a stile and through a field. Being the geographical map geek and (when it comes to navigation) control freak that I am I have an urge to wrestle the map out of his hands for a proper look myself, even if not to know the route we are walking on at least to know what the possible surroundings will look like. If God blogged... I think it would be a spraffy one.

1 comment:

Mike Peatman said...

I think you're probably right, Emma.