Sunday, January 21, 2007

Forget Norway, Kenya!

The great big monolith of a task has been done and for the 3rd time in the space of a week my adventure plans have changed significantly.

Today I have booked my flights out to Kenya for the 29th January, a week tomorrow.

I would like to explain the events surrounding my move from Rwanda (via the Philippines - that's another story) with Signpost International to Kenya with Education for Life but frankly I've explained it that many times over the last day or two that I can't be bothered to write about it as well!! Enjoy this though:

http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/kenya/

Forget Norway, Kenya!

4 comments:

Mike Peatman said...

Glad the contact went so well, Emma. That's quite a quick turnaround, but at least you've had all the medical prep for Africa already!

Have a great time!

Mike Peatman said...

PS didn't get the Normay reference

Emma said...

It says it in the song/video, which if you didn't watch you wouldn't have got and may even have missed if you had watched it, but it was there, honest! Maybe it should be 'Forget Rwanda or the Philippines or anywhere else Emma might have stuck a pin into on the map, Kenya!!'?!

Anonymous said...

Having been to Kenya myself for three months with Education for Life, I hope you have a really good time.

Say hello to Charles and Mary for me.

Being in Africa is an incredible experience, especially when you can see how people in the Third World worship. I came away thinking that we were the poor ones!

Don't forget to try "Ugali" and "sukumawiki" as well.

I also have a learn Swahili book if you want to have a go.

Mungu akubariki! (God bless you)