Monday, October 16, 2006

Long time no type

It's been a while since my last post - just goes to show what a few days work can do for you!

I went to the Blackpool Illuminations with a group from Lancaster Baptist Church this weekend, it was much fun! I am, incidentally, going again this Wednesday with other Lancaster people but when I was asked if I wanted to go on Saturday I couldn't pass up the opportunity to be sociable! We went for a walk down central pier and I can honestly say that it is the first time I have ever been on the pier! Ridiculous considering I have lived here all my life. And it is a beautiful vantage point of the tower and the prom and all things illuminating.

On Sunday I gave the talk/sermon at the family service. I did not think I was well prepared or interactive but it seemed to go down well, and raised a few thoughtful points I hope. It is amazing how much being a teacher prepares you for such things I think. I would be a heck of a lot more scared and less confident at the front if I didn't spend so much time yabbering away infront of a classful of children. And a churchful of congregation is a lot more quietly attentive than a classful of pupils!

No comments: