Monday, December 04, 2006

Maranatha!

I seem to be missing many post-creating elements on this page today... can I only do things if I know HTML now? Most confusing.

Father Peter once told me how we should say 'Maranatha!' or 'Come Lord!' in the run up to Christmas and that he had got the children at the school attached to his church saying it. I will always remember that. I love advent, having the time to think about Christmas and to prepare for Jesus' arrival. A couple of years ago I read 'The Art of Waiting' by Wendy Bray as my advent book and it was excellent preparation for Christmas. This year I am not committing myself to an advent book as well as my normal time of Bible reading because as a house group we are using a study from America called 'Breaking Free' which involves a lot of time inbetween group meetings. I have high hopes for God to use the study to teach me many things about myself and allow him to free me from things which keep me captive. I am also re-reading 'Strong Women, Soft Hearts' on a similar theme. Each time I read that book I learn something new about myself and about God, I recommend it.

20:11 - now it is working

No comments: