Monday, December 18, 2006

Shaping the sofa to fit my behind

Ben was up over the weekend, he is off to Thailand this week with friends for Christmas. We had a mini 'UnChristmas', as Sophie called it, on Sunday when we swapped and opened presents. Ben got me the box set of The Vicar of Dibley, a most superb choice I thought! So I have spent much of the day shaping the sofa to fit my behind and have watched much Vicar of Dibley.

Saturday would have been UnChristmas but it was the choral society's Christmas Concert which had me in rehearsals for 3 hours on Saturday afternoon and then the concert in the evening so it was UnChrismas Eve instead. The concert was fabulous, we were singing Rutter's Gloria and were accompanied by Intrada, a brass band from Preston. The brass really made it, with tingle making crescendos and pounding Timps. When we had finished the Gloria with Rutter's resounding finale I could have sung it again straight away, I was very sad to hand my music in at the end of the evening!

Sunday morning saw music group lead the all age service at church. I had been making puppets all week of many many varieties of birds and an angel (I regretted agreeing to make the puppets when I discovered that all of the characters were birds... not easy to draw!).

In the evening I went up to Lancaster for my final visit before Christmas and went with Sarah and Kieron to the 'Guest Service' at church. It was wonderful to see the all age orchestra, and to hear them and I came away feeling very Christmassy. I also saw our angel from Monday in situ complete with lights shining on his wings to create a colourful effect, fabulous!

No comments: